After the Storm

After a Tropical Storm or Hurricane has left our area, the need to keep up to date become more critical.  Check here for the most up to date information as we piece life back together.

Air Ducks-Clay Electric Cooperative-B&D Electric-Sunstate Federal Credit Union

If you need assistance, register with FEMA by CLICKING HERE or calling 1-800-621-3362 

As of September 14, 2017: 46 Florida counties including Alachua, Baker, Bradford, Brevard, Broward, Charlotte, Citrus, Collier, Clay, Columbia, DeSoto, Duval, Flagler, Gilchrist, Glades, Hardee, Hendry, Hernando, Highlands, Hillsborough, Indian River, Lake, Lee, Levy, Manatee, Marion, Martin, Miami-Dade, Monroe, Nassau, Okeechobee, Orange, Osceola, Palm Beach, Pasco, Pinellas, Polk, Putnam, Sarasota, St. Johns, St. Lucie, Seminole, Sumter, Suwannee, Union and Volusia qualify for Individual Assistance.

As of September 14, 2017: 21 Florida counties including Bay, Broward, Calhoun, Collier, Dixie, Escambia, Franklin, Gadsden, Gulf, Holmes,J ackson, Jefferson, Lafayette, Leon, Liberty, Madison, Okaloosa, Santa Rosa, Taylor, Wakulla, Walton and Washington, are designated by FEMA for Public Assistance.

Public Assistance can fund the repair, restoration, reconstruction or replacement of a public facility or infrastructure damaged or destroyed by a disaster.

  • FEMA will provide a reimbursement grant of 75% of eligible costs, with the state and local governments sharing the remaining 25% of costs. Eligible entities include state governments, local governments and any other political subdivision of the state, Native American tribes and Alaskan Native Villages. Certain private nonprofit organizations, such as educational, utility, irrigation, emergency, medical, rehabilitation, and temporary or permanent custodial care facilities also may receive assistance.
  • Although funds are awarded to government entities and nonprofits, the Public Assistance program is intended to benefit everyone — neighborhoods, cities, counties and states. Public Assistance dollars help clean up communities affected by disaster-related debris, repair the roads and bridges people use every day getting to work and school, put utilities and water systems back in order, repair hospitals and emergency services, rebuild schools and universities, and restore playground equipment in public parks.

Individual Assistance is provided by the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) to individuals and families who have sustained losses due to disasters.

  • Florida homeowners, renters and business owners in designated counties who sustained damage to their homes, vehicles, personal property, businesses or inventory as a result of hurricane Irma may apply for disaster assistance.
  • Disaster assistance may include grants to help pay for temporary housing, emergency home repairs, uninsured and underinsured personal property losses, and medical, dental and funeral expenses caused by the disaster, along with other serious disaster-related expenses.
  • Disaster assistance grants are not taxable income and will not affect eligibility for Social Security, Medicaid, medical waiver programs, welfare assistance, Temporary Assistance for Needy Families, food stamps, Supplemental Security Income or Social Security Disability Insurance.
  • As a FEMA partner, the U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA) offers low-interest disaster loans to businesses of all sizes, private non-profit organizations, homeowners and renters. SBA disaster loans are the primary source of federal long-term disaster recovery funds for disaster damages not fully covered by insurance or other compensation. They do not duplicate benefits of other agencies or organizations.

 

  • No after storm activity reported.

  • No after storm activity reported.

  • No after storm activity reported.

  • No after storm activity reported.

  • No after storm activity reported.

  • No after storm activity reported.

  • No after storm activity reported.

  • No after storm activity reported.

This service is presented by Air Ducks Heating & AirB & D Electric, Clay Electric Cooperative and Sunstate Federal Credit Union.